Key Job Responsibilities
· Frontline the execution of programmes and activities of the organisation;
· Sustain existing relationship with media partners, government institutions, development partners and partner civil society organizations;
· Develop concept notes, project proposals and initiate other fund raising initiatives in collaboration with the programmes manager;
· Provide content ideas and also write contents to be used on the online platforms of the organisation;
· Develop budget and grant monitoring and evaluation systems;
· Keep the Programme Manager informed on activities of the project by providing appropriate correspondence, reports as well as making regular updates;
· Coordinate the day to day running of the organisation/centre and continually brainstorm on new ideas for growth and sustainability.
Required Skills and Competence
· A first degree or similar experience in relevant field. Degrees in social sciences, humanities and law will be preferred. An advanced degree in development related studies would be an added advantage.
· Good experience in programmes and project management coupled with sound analytical, reporting, strategic thinking and planning skills;
· Advanced proficiency in Excel, Power point, Microsoft Word and internet research skills;
· Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication ability needed in preparation of narrative reports and project updates;
· Ability to communicate in another official language and in the local lingua franca (Yoruba and or Hausa) will pass as an advantage;
· Self driven, with capacity to work with little or no supervision;
· Attention to details and ability to process information accurately is essential;
· Proven record of team building and cross-group collaboration with ability to positively influence others and successfully resolve differences;
· Key is the candidate’s ability to work under intense pressure despite delivering outputs with sound quality in timely manner.
This will take into account years of relevant experience and degree of responsibility of the candidate.
PS: Only long listed candidate will be contacted for the first phase of the interview. Applications will be reviewed as they come in.